Full Moon over Camiguin – we were excited all day and when the sun set, nature here in Camiguin struck us with a show, you only see once in your life.
To many words already. See and dream of Camiguin Island. The pictures had been taken from 05:15 p.m. to 08:00 p.m. on Agoho Beach in Camiguin. Agoho Beach is the home of Silent Gardens.
Full Moon over Camiguin
This we are used. Our Talisay tree hanging into the colored sky over the Bohol sea.
The western horizon was as colored as we expected.
But where is the moon? We knew that it would rise at 05:14 p.m. at about 77° ENE. So somewhere around this coconut trees it should rise.
Heading towards Bahai sa Baibai, we looked back and there it was. The largest full moon ever seen. We desperately wait for the pictures of Arno – still in the wrong direction at this time.
The cumulus clouds over Surigao still ate a bit of “our” full moon.
FULL ! What a wonderful place to live. Sharing this outstanding evening on the beach with neighbors and friends is what we love here in the Philippines.
The moon in the east competed with the last lights of the sun in the west. The clouds still reflect the last sun-rays.
The fishermen checked their nets in the fading lights. Tonight they do not go out to the sea. The light of the full moon is much too much attracting the fishes.
No, this isn’t the sun. It’s the moon over culumus clouds over over Bohol Island. The moon light is so bright, we can read a newspaper. You bet?
Home sweet home. This is our living room just now. The only artificial light are the two LED lamps (green and blue) from our LAN repeater and our door bell. The bright moon shines into our place.
We’d like to thank the owners of Balai sa Baibai for their excellent Chardonnay. Cheers neighbor.
No television tonight, but sleeping on the roof and watching the moon.
We wish you a wonderful night.
- May 1, 2013 Astonishing Camiguin Camiguin is known for its outstanding nature conservation, for its beaches and mountains and for its waterfalls and springs.
Among the […]
- August 8, 2013 Island in the Sun – continued Yesterday we wrote about the "Island in the Sun".
We continue the story because even if it's raining in Camiguin, there is always a […]
- March 11, 2014 Hawksbill Sea Turtles in Camiguin Considered by many to be the most beautiful sea turtle for their colorful shells, the Hawksbill is found in tropical waters around the […]
- June 25, 2013 Beach collapse in Candelaria – Zambales A portion of Puerta del Mar beach in Candelaria, Zambales collapsed Saturday afternoon. The sea water turned brown and emitted fine gas […]
- February 7, 2015 Camiguin – the Sunbirds are nesting Camiguin - the Sunbirds are nesting everywhere. In our garden at least 6 couples are nesting. These beautiful little birds fly from one […]
- July 20, 2014 Typhoon MATMO/Henry amplifies Habagat Typhoon MATMO/Henry amplifies Habagat, the south-west monsoon. Here in Camiguin we had bad to nasty weather all day accompanied by the […]