Laguindingan airport has now a VOR (VHF Omni Directional Radio Range). When we brought our 2 guests to Laguindingan airport last Saturday, We discovered the VOR antenna on the western side of the airport.
On March 25, we wrote that installation of electronic equipment is scheduled for second half of 2014. This seems now to be done and might even be accomplished before end of the year. We also tried to check whether there is an ILS antenna, but could not see anything looking like such an equipment. We also couldn’t find any runway or taxiway lights.
Since July 2014, on the top of our office in Agoho, Camiguin, an ADS-B equipment scans the sky for transponder signals. The received information is then forwarded to flightradar24.com.
If you click on an aircraft near Camiguin you may see that the corresponding Radar is F-RPML1, this is our station.
With this simple equipment we “see” about 140 aircrafts per day flying over the Bohol sea.
The antenna on the roof of our office and the small receiver box.
Below you see today’s statistics. Time is in UTC, so it is 8 hours behind our position. The Polar Plot shows that our coverage is mostly oriented north-west. To the south the high volcano mountains of Camiguin block the signals. The Histogram shows the number of contacts by distance. The nearest contacts come from the daily Cebu Pacific flight to and from our local airport (CGM).
For now, we see much more than the guys in Laguindingan tower 😛
- June 15, 2013 5J-381 safely landed in Laguindingan With only 32 minutes delay the first flight to Laguindingan Airport, Cebu Pacific 5J-381, landed at 06:37 PST. The plane then flew back to […]
- October 28, 2016 Italianni’s Restaurant Cagayan de Oro – oh no! We like Italian food and we like Italianni's Restaurant in Makati and in the Mall of Asia (MOA) but not the one in the Centrio mall in […]
- June 12, 2013 Laguindingan Airport: We’ll have an eye on the performance We wrote earlier today: Cagayan de Oro Airport moves this Saturday
We do not believe that the 4 airlines Cebu Pacific, PAL Express, […]
- March 21, 2015 Dayrooms in NAIA-1 Dayrooms in NAIA-1 are an often asked question. Every day we get up to 3 inquiries of travelers who would like to reserve one of these […]
- February 3, 2015 PAL flying to Camiguin – a hoax? PAL flying to Camiguin - is it a hoax or is it so top secret that nobody knows nothing? At least in their Advisory 15-009 from January 30, […]
- November 3, 2014 ITIAIR – a strange kind of airline ITIAIR? Never heard before. Friends went to Palawan and when they came back, they informed us that there is an alternative to get to El […]