The underground in the Philippines is moving. There are currently 4 regions that experience nearly daily earthquakes: Negros, Mindoro, Samar and Masbate.
A magnitude-5.1 quake and a magnitude-5.3 aftershock jolted the Mindoro area last night.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) informed that the quakes were felt in several areas in the region, including parts of Metro Manila.
The quake came days after a magnitude-5.2 quake rocked Masbate, injuring at least 10 people and causing damage to some structures.
One month earlier, a magnitude-6.9 quake devastated parts of Negros, killing more than 50 people.
The Philippines Earthquake Map is here
A bigger, interactive map is here
- March 6, 2012 Strong Earthquake in Masbate A 5.2 magnitude earthquake jolted the provinces of Masbate, Albay and Sorsogon this morning at 07:06 morning.
The earthquake of tectonic […]
- January 18, 2012 Strong earthquake in Samar A strong earthquake of magnitude 5.9 shook Samar yestarday evening at 8:55 PM. The earthquake was felt with intensity V in the surrounding […]
- January 1, 2013 Earthquakes 2012 in the Philippines Last year we recorded 1324 earthquakes in the Philippines. 10 of these quakes were dangerous and at least one of them created big damages […]
- February 7, 2012 The Earth continues to shake in Negros The earth still shakes in Negros and the southern Visayas. Most of the aftershocks can be felt even in northern Mindanao (Camiguin).
- February 6, 2012 More strong Earthquakes in Negros U R G E N T
Just now at 06:11 PM we felt again a strong earthquake in Camiguin.
We presume that its origins were again between Negros […]