Filipinas are known for their long, smooth black hair, but there are exceptions.
One of them we discovered today at El Retiro Beach Park in Brgy. San Miguel Buonavista on Guimaras island. What an expression of a personal profile!
This resort is the perfect starting point to discover 17th century Navales church. Only a 5 minutes walk on the beach and you get enchanted by La Roca Encantada. This villa built on the top of a rock is the summer residence of the Lopez family. From the top terrace you have a great view of the Siete Pecados (islands).
Being on Guimaras without eating mangoes is like being in Munich without drinking a beer.
Unfortunately the annual Manggahan festival had been celebrated 2 weeks before. But we did buy a big bunch of mangoes at Andres Ferrer’s fruit stand and had a sweet evening.
See also our Guimaras pages
- September 23, 2012 Dangerous Habagat ! Habagat is the usually gently blowing south-west monsoon. This wind is blowing from June through October.
Here in Camiguin we like the […]
- May 7, 2012 C U in Panglao See you in Panglao - that's OK. But "C U" in Panglao is one of the best restaurants in the Philippines and it is in Alona on Panglao […]
- February 24, 2012 Camiguin – smoothly developing Camiguin, the magic Island in the south, is developing smoothly but continuously.
Last week we informed you about the Nypa Style […]
- February 17, 2012 Sunken Cemetery: Camiguin’s most rare and must-see site The Philippine Information Agency (PIA) published this very interesting article on St. Valentines day. Visitors of Camiguin already know […]
- January 17, 2008 Santo Niño Ati-Atihan Festival In the province of Aklan on Panay island it is now Ati-Atihan time.
The Ati-Atihan Festival is a feast held in honor of the Santo Niño […]