Skip to content
Between Hagibis and Mitag
During the last few days (November 20 thru 27, 2007) we felt like Ulysses between Scylla and Charybdis.
Two depressions came over the Pacific (what a name!). First there was a tropical depression, Hagibis, called “Lando” in the Philippines. It passed north of Mindanao, between Negros and Panay. It was only classified as a Tropical Storm.
Then came Mitag, called “Mina” in the Philippines. Still over the waters it already got the label Typhoon. Both closed in on the Philippines.
Boracay exposed to returning Hagibis 2007/11/27
Read more about these two storms
- March 30, 2016 Not Boracay – this is Camiguin, the real thing This is Camiguin! The little island in the southern Bohol Sea is slowly but steadily developing. While Boracay suffers from mass tourism, […]
- March 6, 2014 To bridge or not to bridge … A year ago the whispers about a bridge from Malay (northern Panay) to Boracay island started to filter into the press.
On May 2, 2013, […]
- September 17, 2013 Hassle free travel to Boracay Tourism in the Philippines still lacks of comfort. This not only means bad roads and murderous bus drivers, rusty ferries and endless fees […]
- September 4, 2013 Kalibo Airport (KLO) at its limits Kalibo "International" Airport (KLO) is at its limits. More and more airlines and LCC are flying to Kalibo or announce their intention to […]
- August 4, 2013 Fire Dancing in Boracay GMA NEWS reported today that local government wants to regulate fire dancing in Boracay.
The government of Malay is particularly […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!