Skip to content
Don’t go south for now – bad weather
The southern Visayas and northern Mindanao suffer ugly winter weather. A stationary cold front over the Pacific in conjunction with the Amihan (north-east monsoon) brings cool and very wet conditions.
After near continuous bad weather since begin of december caused heavy flooding, the Butuan City council approved a resolution placing Butuan under a state of calamity.
In Camiguin it rains now for 36 hours. The sky is dark gray and we need light all day over to see our work. The roads look rather like torrents and rivers. The grass fields are lakes. The only positive side: The waterfalls are outstanding!
- January 10, 2013 Dangerous bad weather in the south The very bad weather in parts of Mindanao is caused by two Low Pressure Areas (LPAs). There is a high risk of flash floods and […]
- March 10, 2022 La Niña – the little girl continues peeing on the Philippines La Niña - the little girl continues peeing on the Philippines. ENSO and MJO play games with the southern Philippines. Instead of enjoying […]
- September 19, 2014 NAIA – bad radar- bad weather This morning NAIA (Manila's international airport had to declare "rien ne va plus". The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) […]
- January 10, 2014 Wet weekend ahead A weak low pressure area (LPA) is moving towards south-eastern Mindanao. It will enhance the rainfall the southern islands encountered […]
- September 27, 2013 Low Pressure Area East of Mindanao There is a new Low Pressure Area (LPA) hovering 980 km east of Mindanao in the vicinity of Palau. This LPA is slowly moving westwards in […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!