Skip to content
Ferry sunk between Albay and Masbate
The MV Lady of Mount Carmel, a roll-on-roll-off (RORO) vessel, left the port of the town of Pioduran in Albay at around 2 a.m. and was bound for Aroroy in Masbate when it sank between 02:00 a.m. and 03:00 a.m (PST).
Photo courtesy of John Mikeel
The vessel sailed with 35 passengers and 22 crew, two passenger buses and a large truck on board. It was supposed to reach the Aroroy port at 5 a.m. 40 persons have so far been rescued in the ongoing search and rescue operations and 2 passengers are confirmed to have died in the accident.
MV Our Lady of Mount Carmel is owned by Aboitiz Transport System. The ship had been built in Japan 1972 by Shikoku and its original name has been SHIZUKI MARU until 1985 then it got the name of ETSUSA MARU until 1988, when it was sold to the Philippines.
- December 24, 2007 Merry Xmas from the Crew The joint crews of Jawili Blue Starfish Resort and Dumatad Tropic Resort.
- April 2, 2008 Septic Infection I have ever told that one should be careful with small skin scratches.
I did not! (See also our MEDICAL advice page )
I rubbed an […]
- April 7, 2014 Philippine Airlines – a tough lesson Philippine Airlines has cancelled an order for five Airbus A330-300 aircraft that was part of a multi-billion dollar order announced in […]
- October 25, 2015 Indonesian Smoke over Southern Philippines Last Friday a friend living uphill in Camiguin texted me to ask what was happening. She couldn't see White Island laying only 2.75 km from […]
- March 4, 2012 PAGASA warns of Flash Floods and Landslides While 34°C weather will continue to prevail over Metro Manila, flash floods and landslides threaten parts of Eastern Visayas and Mindanao […]
error: Content is protected !!