More flights in the Visayas and in northern Mindanao. Last Tuesday Cebu Pacific Air published a very nice surprise.
Following heavy investments by Cebu Pacific Air, they ordered 15 new ATR 72-600 aircraft, the number of flights to mostly remote islands will increase by April 1, 2017.
Especially Camiguin island will soon have two daily flights on FRI, SUN and MON. The first flights DG 6590/91 will not change and will be available daily. DG 6590 leaves Cebu at 05:45 and arrives in Camiguin at 06:30. The return flight DG 6591 leaves Camigun at 06:50 and reaches Cebu at 07:30.
The new flights On Friday, Sunday and Monday are: DG 6693 leaves Cebu at 09:45 and arrives in Camiguin at 10:30. The flight back DG 6694 takes off in Camiguin at 10:50 and lands in Cebu at 11:30.
More flights in the Visayas and in northern Mindanao
Not only Camiguin
Ozamis, Calbayog, Siargao, Dumaguete, Cagayan de Oro, and Tacloban do also enjoy additional flights from/to Cebu. This means that Samar, Leyte and Siargao get nearer to the world. In Dumaguete the early birds will like the 06:45 flight to Cebu.
In Butuan and Iloilo passengers will have to get up earlier in the morning. Butuan flights arrive and leave 20 minutes earlier. Iloilo it’s 50 minutes earlier.
CEB’s 57-strong fleet is comprised of 48 Airbus (6 A319, 36 A320 and 6 A330) and 9 ATR (8 ATR 72-500 and 1 ATR 72-600) aircraft. It is one of the most modern aircraft fleets in the world. Between 2016 and 2021, Cebu Pacific will take delivery of 32 brand-new Airbus A320, two Airbus A330, and 15 ATR 72-600 aircraft orders.
Although I much welcome the new flights between Cebu and Camiguin, I would have preferred the new flights being in the afternoon. When coming home, we always have to add a night in Cebu because the flight to Camiguin takes off so early. An afternoon flight would also make international flights more comfortable. Many international flights leave Cebu in the evening or even in the night. Killing 8 to 12 or more hours in Cebu’s airport can be annoying. Well, we then book a day room at the Waterfront Hotel. 😉
- September 10, 2008 What’s up with SEAIR? Does SEAIR not fly anymore to Camiguin?
Over a month ago our guests from France got stuck in Mambajao because their SEAIR flight was […]
- June 10, 2013 Good News from the Philippines Sky 1 - A dream became true
About four weeks ago Cebu Pacific Air (CEB) announced that they will increase the number of flights from Cebu to […]
- March 11, 2013 Cebu Pacific Air soon flying to Camiguin Cebu Pacific Air announced that they will fly 3 times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from Cebu to Camiguin and back.
The planned […]
- August 9, 2008 Camiguin News CAMIGUIN NEWS
We heard that:
1) There will be a new ferry connection between Cagayan de Oro and Mambajao. This will be a fast ferry […]
- August 14, 2013 Cebu Pacific Air has changed flight schedules Cebu Pacific Air has changed flight schedules. Many flights have changed on August 9, 2013. Please check the new schedules […]