Laguna province has been placed under a state of calamity
In Santa Rosa City (Municipality of Biñan) 15 out of 18 barangays are swamped by floods. Evacuation is ongoing.
The towns of San Vicente, Poblacion, Aplaya, San Jose, and Santo Domingo were severely inundated.
8 San Pedro towns have been submerged by the floods, especially those near the Laguna Lake shoreline. Rescuers cannot go on with the evacuation operations because they are trapped by the waters.
Please listen to your local radio station, watch national TV programs and keep in contact with your local authorities.
- August 20, 2013 State of Calamity: After Laguna now Cavite 8 to 12 feet high flood makes Cavite's Governor declare State of Calamity over his province. Rescue operations will have to wait, as the […]
- August 19, 2013 Last Storm and Flood update today It is now 08:00 p.m. in the Philippines - time to prepare for the night. Unfortunately there are no good news for our people in the […]
- August 26, 2013 91W / Nando has intensified – now a Tropical Storm Tropical Storm 91W / Nando has intensified and has been upgraded as it passed northwestwards.
Current direction is northwest at 15 km/h. […]
- February 18, 2013 Rainy week ahead A Tropical Disturbance LPA 98W brings rainy weather to the south of the Philippines. After a sunny weekend it raining now since early […]
- September 24, 2013 Strong Habagat causes landslides in Zambales First Typhoon USAGI / Odette created a strong air suction and now two Low Pressure Areas (LPA) 93W and 92W amplify the southwest monsoon […]