Skip to content
Tropical Depression entering the Visayas
The Low Pressure Are 93W has been upgraded to Tropical Depression.
This Tropical Depression is now entering the Visayas with its outermost rain clouds. The center of the depression is still 400 km out in the Pacific.
Animated satellite images and more weather information are here.
JMA say that center of the depression will move over Surigao towards Bohol. They also predict that it will slightly intensify in the next 24 hours.
|Name (INTL. / local):
|Time/Date of observation:
||06:00 AM on December 25, 2012
|Location of Center:
||9.8º North 129.6º East
|Moving Direction and Speed:
||WNW @ 15 km/h = 8 kt
||Surigao then Bohol
|Distance from the Philippines:
||440 km from Surigao City
|Estimated Date / Time of Landfall:
|Max. Wind Speed near Center:
||56 km/h = 30 kt
|Peak Wind Gusts:
||83 km/h = 45 kt
|Minimum Central Pressure:
||1004 hPa, decreasing
|24h Rainfall near Center:
|Max. Wave Height:
|Here you find how to read and understand this data
Current weather is here
- March 22, 2014 Tropical Depression “Caloy” towards Camiguin Tropical depression “Caloy” has already made its landfall over Tandag City, Surigao del Sur and is moving towards Camiguin island, where […]
- March 22, 2014 Tropical Depression “Caloy” off Surigao Tropical Depression “Caloy” is slowly hovering north and westwards. Forward speed varies between 0 and 10 km/h.
PAGASA reports 45 km/h […]
- February 19, 2016 Mactan–Cebu International Airport: Again a step forward Mactan–Cebu International Airport is progressing. In our article from Januar 27, 2016, we showed you the excellent renovation and […]
- October 13, 2015 Two Tropical Depressions in a row Two Tropical Depressions in a row are approaching the Philippines. The nearer one at 142° E, is moving westward at 15 km/h. The second one […]
- May 2, 2015 Topical Depression approaching A Topical Depression is approaching the south of the Philippine islands. The depression is still out of PAR (the Philippine Area of […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!