Skip to content
Mactan Cebu International Airport – Terminal 2 operational from July 1
Mactan Cebu International Airport goes operational in 2 days.
On April 23, 2014, the Department of Transportation and Communications awarded the operations and maintenance of MCIA to a consortium of the Philippine Megawide Construction Corporation and Bangalore-based GMR Infrastructure. The consortium won with a bid of 17.5 billion Philippine pesos. Early 2015 the new team started the tough job to overhaul Mactan–Cebu International Airport. After 3 years Terminal 2 is real. See also here and here.
Mactan Cebu International Airport New Access Roads
Be careful when driving to the airport in the next days. There is still a lot of work ongoing. A lot of traffic enforcers and traffic guides will wave all day and night.
Do not rely on maps
We checked the most common on-line maps Google, Bing and Open Streetmap but none of these maps has already been updated. Currently the best map for the Mactan Cebu International Airport is provided by Open Streetmaps. On this map at least the new terminal is already inserted.
- October 29, 2019 Mactan–Cebu International Airport (MCIA) best Airport in the Philippines
Mactan–Cebu International Airport (MCIA) is finishing the transformation of the old terminal 1. While the new international terminal 2 […]
- February 19, 2016 Mactan–Cebu International Airport: Again a step forward Mactan–Cebu International Airport is progressing. In our article from Januar 27, 2016, we showed you the excellent renovation and […]
- January 27, 2016 Mactan–Cebu International Airport: when the Indians clean up Mactan–Cebu International Airport has undergone very important renovation works - in the building, in the management and in the staff. […]
- April 8, 2019 Two Runways for Mactan-Cebu Airport? Space Problems are programmed! Politicians say the MCIA deserves a second runway, as it is serving one of the fastest growing metropolises in the country. Metro Cebu is […]
- December 3, 2011 Big success for the Camiguin Action Geckos The biggest newspaper in Switzerland, the "Tages Anzeiger" in Zurich, published a large article with photos about the successful rebirth […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!