Skip to content
No more dam spilling
All dams in Luzon are again below overflow level. La Mesa dam is still very critical with only 1 centimeter margin.
6 of the 9 dams show still increasing water levels.
The Low Pressure Area (LPA 91W) was estimated at 580 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur. This weather system will probably bring cloudy skies with moderate to occasionally heavy rains over Eastern Mindanao which may trigger flashfloods and landslides. Eastern Visayas and the rest of Mindanao will have scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms.
You may see this satellite image as an animated 24 picture movie and more on our new, still experimental website:
- May 1, 2014 Amihan is off – Habagat not yet active The season of the wind change is here. Amihan is off - Habagat not yet active
The northward migration of the Siberian High Pressure […]
- August 22, 2013 Good sign or bad sign? During the last days PAGASA reported the filling status of the Luzon dams up to 8 times per day. This had been a very good service. But […]
- August 20, 2013 La Mesa dam critical La Mesa dam approaches critical level. At 10:00 a.m. this morning it had been only 23 centimeters (9 inches) from overflow level.
- May 8, 2012 Terminal fee – I can’t believe it Over years I had railed against this silly terminal fee in the Philippines. Anywhere in the world all the airport taxes are included in […]
- December 8, 2012 Typhoon BOPHA/Pablo drives forecasters crazy – short update Typhoon BOPHA/Pablo is approaching northern Luzon. A final track cannot yet be seen. Track forecasts go from crossing Ilocos Norte to a […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!