Skip to content
White Island Sunset
How will be today’s sunset? Yesterday we had a wonderful White Island Sunset.
White Island is an uninhabited white sandbar located about 1.4 kilometres (0.87 miles) off the northern shore of Agoho/Yumbing in the volcanic island of Camiguin in the Philippines. The island is generally horseshoe shaped, although the tides constantly resize and reshape its exact form. It is composed solely of white sands. There are no trees but local people build shelters during the burning summer season.
White Island attracts thousands of tourists every year. The island can be accessed from Brgy. Yumbing in Mambajao about 6 kilometres (3.7 miles) west of the poblacion or town center. Small boats can be hired at the boat station behin Paras resort in Yumbing.
- August 7, 2013 Island in the Sun When it rains in Camiguin, then there is still an Island in the Sun: White Island!
Yesterday morning there had been very dark clouds over […]
- April 23, 2008 Sunburn on White Island The white sands of the Philippine beaches like the ones on White Island reflect the sun.
This is why you MUST wear the MANDATORY 3 PIECE […]
- February 4, 2021 Camiguin – two islands so similar – so different Camiguin - two islands so similar, in the south Camiguin Mindanao and in the north Camiguin de Babuyanes. Both are islands born of fire - […]
- April 14, 2019 Camiguin Black Beach Divers – The Phoenix Effect Camiguin Black Beach Divers officially inaugurated today their dive base on the black sands of Agoho Beach. Congratulations to Axel and his crew.
- February 22, 2019 Valentina & Valentino are growing fast You probably remember our article 7 days ago: Happy Valentine’s Camiguin Style. Since then we are curiously and happily observing the […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!