Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda amplifies Habagat monsoon in the southern islands. In Camiguin we have strong winds and high waves. The beach in Agoho is changing the shore line dramatically.
The general situation. The center of Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda is now north-east of Samar.
Agoho Beach at 10:15 this morning. High waves from west are moving thousands of tons of sand eastwards. Outside our lot the beach is growing wider at high speed.
But our neighbors to the left and the right are loosing their beach. The Camiguin Action Geckos just brought their two dive-boats to higher grounds on the beach. A tough job.
Done! Now let’s hope that the water won’t rise anymore.
The storm and the high waves continue.
- April 14, 2019 Camiguin Black Beach Divers – The Phoenix Effect Camiguin Black Beach Divers officially inaugurated today their dive base on the black sands of Agoho Beach. Congratulations to Axel and his crew.
- July 15, 2014 Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda – LANDFALL Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda made landfall between Legazpi City and Santo Domingo. The storm is now moving towards the cities of Iriga and Naga.
- July 15, 2014 Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda clear eye Typhoon RAMMASUN/Glenda is in the Gulf of Albay and shows a clear eye. The typhoon is now moving towards Legazpi City.
Landfall will […]
- July 14, 2014 Tropical Storm RAMMASUN / Glenda Tropical Storm RAMMASUN has entered PAR and got the Filipino name "Glenda". Tropical Storm RAMMASUN/Glenda is a "straight runner" and has […]
- June 27, 2013 Solar Energy Initiative This morning we got an interesting e-mail and were asked to publish its content. We do it with pleasure.
Due to many brownouts and […]