I just took a bus from Tangalan to Iloilo. The roads in central Panay are in an awful state.
The bus needed some 5 hours. (OK, we stopped in Kalibo, because the crew was hungry and at Dean’s Restaurant, mid-way, where you can get your bowl of rice).
There were more holes than road. Around Passi you look for your seat-belts – there are no seat belts.
ADVICE: if you have to do go from Caticlan to Iloilo, change the bus at Nabas and follow the Antique side of Panay. Your back will say:” SALAMAT-PO”.
At the CERES west-terminal in Iloilo, the taxi- driver asked for PHP 200 to the Amigo-Terrace Hotel. I asked him to put on the meter. He did!!! And we arrived at the hotel at less then 100 pesos!
Read more about bus journeys and taxis here
- December 24, 2012 Caticlan Airport Development Project Caticlan Airport (MPH / RPVE) will become an International Airport!
The government and private corporations had launched an ambitious […]
- March 3, 2012 Pasaway Driver! What do you think? A few weeks ago, a reader of this blog sent us a link to his new website: Pasaway Driver! The initial idea isn't bad. We all have […]
- April 28, 2008 Philippines Land Transportation Pages Updated Our Land Transportation Pages are updated.
There is plenty of information belonging to:
- Tricycles and […]
- June 14, 2013 Laguindingan Airport: D-1 Tomorrow morning start the operations on Laguindingan Airport between the cities Cagayan de Oro and Iligan.
Yesterday the […]
- February 8, 2014 White Elephants and Black Holes Last Thursday we wrote about the crippled airport project in Laguindingan. Today our friends in Panay found another outstanding project […]