Skip to content
Air Asia – Zest cease Cagayan de Oro operations
It seems that the clean-up in the Philippines sky is progressing faster than expected. During the last weeks all domestic airlines continued flooding potential customers with promos. Any trick had been right to get a bit more passengers in the aircraft.
AirAsia Zest is continuing to realign their operation because of over-capacity in the domestic market. According to a source from AirAsia Zest, the airline already suspended its Bacolod and Iloilo flights last year and will reduce its Davao flight frequency to six flights a week from seven. And now they announce that they cease Cagayan de Oro operations effective March 30, 2014.
There will be 8 flights less in and out of Laguindingan airport per day. This reduction makes of CGY/RPMY still more a provincial airfield.
AirAsia Zest is reducing the number of aircraft to 14 in order to remove excess capacity from domestic routes while building more international routes out of Manila and Kalibo. Kalibo has been positioned as a hub to enter into Southern China and Korea. This will bring still more Chinese and Korean tourists to Boracay.
- October 28, 2016 Italianni’s Restaurant Cagayan de Oro – oh no! We like Italian food and we like Italianni's Restaurant in Makati and in the Mall of Asia (MOA) but not the one in the Centrio mall in […]
- November 10, 2014 Bicol Special – the Journey (cont.) Bicol Special is a bit delayed. Internet in Bicol is worse than in Camiguin. I'd like to have my old 19.2K modem here. But before we […]
- October 21, 2014 Oceanjet resumes service to Camiguin Oceanjet resumes service to Camiguin from tomorrow, October 22, 2014. They will again ply the route Cagayan de Oro - Benoni - Jagna in the […]
- September 17, 2014 Laguindingan airport has VOR Laguindingan airport has now a VOR (VHF Omni Directional Radio Range). When we brought our 2 guests to Laguindingan airport last Saturday, […]
- May 26, 2014 Kalibo International Airport Kalibo International Airport among other airports in the country reflects the incapacity of the authorities to adopt even the lowest […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!