Caticlan Airport Development Project
Caticlan Airport (MPH / RPVE) will become an International Airport!
The government and private corporations had launched an ambitious extension project for Godofredo P. Ramos Airport in Caticlan, Malay, on the northern tip of Panay Island. This airport is better known as Boracay airport.
The project in brief:
The project was endorsed by RDC VI in 08 February 2008.
Phase 1A (2010-2011):
(1) Upgrading of existing terminal with 2nd level as additional area
(2) Upgrading airport facilities e.g. Fire Station, Perimeter Fence, Navigational Aids
(3) Reducing slope of adjacent hill to 4 degrees
Phase 1B (2011-2014):
(1) Extension of the runway from 1km to 1.95km
(2) Construction of landside facilities to include a new terminal building
(3) Installation of navigational and air traffic control aids
Phase 2 (2015-2016):
Further extension of runway towards the sea
Turnover of Caticlan Airport to ROP at end of 25 year-Concession Period
How it will look, once phase 2 is accomplished:
Click on the picture to enlarge
If you like Boracay, then you should visit the island soon. After the new airport will become operational, Boracay will soon look like Koh Samui in Thailand! Koh Samui had once been a paradise like Boracay