Skip to content
HAGUPIT/Ruby – short update 9 p.m.
Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby again intensifying and moving towards Samar – JMA has again updated their forecast – Data from 8:40 p.m.(PST) – Forward speed still 15 km/h West. Strength again Violent!
JMA use another scale for cyclone intensity. But VIOLENT translates into Saffir-Simpson Category 5.
The Multi-Agency Tracks
JMA Typhoon track forecast
No more data for now. Going sleeping. It’s still calm tonight-
Next update tomorrow morning – with a strong coffee.
Almost real-time (24 hours) storm information
- December 6, 2014 Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby 6 p.m. update Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby is continuously approaching Samar. JMA classifies the typhoon as "very strong" this means still Cat.4. The expected […]
- December 5, 2014 HAGUPIT/Ruby – slowed down and weakened Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby has slowed down its forward speed from 30 km/h to only 15 km/h. The typhoon also weakened a bit and is now a Typhoon […]
- December 7, 2014 Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby – slow – slow – slow Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby is moving very slowly over the Visayas. With an average forward speed of 10 km/h the typhoon will need about 56 hours […]
- December 6, 2014 Super Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby – final approach Super Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby - final approach. The typhoon maintained its strength with 925 hPa central pressure. It also maintained its […]
- December 3, 2014 Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby – again Samar? Typhoon HAGUPIT/Ruby has been upgraded to a Typhoon Category 2. It heads now rather towards Samar and maintains its western movement. […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!