The National Highway between Butuan and Cagayan de Oro is still interrupted. The bridge in Balingasag is severely damaged. A gap of more than 6 meters closes-off all tarfic between the two cities.
There is a possibility to cross the damaged bridge on temporary ladders. But this solution is only good for adventurers and no-fear people. On both sides vans make the connection to the respective city.
Photo courtesy of Evelyn Seneca Arelacse
Compare the two pictures. You’ll see that the flood level has really decreased today. There is hope that the waters go back and approach normal level within the next days. At this moment a temporary passage through the river can be built. The repair of the damaged bridge will take months or even a lot more.
- January 20, 2014 North-East Mindanao flooded It rained all day on our little lovely island of Camiguin. Camiguin lays some 15 km north of Mindanao. We wondered how the weather was […]
- January 22, 2014 Weather is slowly getting better The "INQUIRER" published an interesting overview of the Tropical Depression LINGLING/Agaton.
Here is an excerpt, a link to the full […]
- September 26, 2013 NPA Attack in Balingasag NPA (New People's Army) rebells have attacked a military outpost in Balingasag, Misamis Oriental. Fivepeople were killed and five others […]
- September 5, 2015 East Mindanao Discovery Trip (11) – Bislig to Balingoan Today was such a crazy day again. I would actually still have liked to go continue on the east coast via Tandag to Surigao City. But then […]
- April 9, 2013 News from Cebu Pacific Air Cebu Pacific Air announces:
Effective April 30, 2013 all Cebu Pacific flights to and from Cagayan de Oro will be operating in the new […]