Manila Airport – be early this Halloween weekend
Manila Airport (NAIA) will encounter much more traffic than usual this weekend of Halloween. Airline bookings make us expect some 40’000 passengers this Halloween weekend.
Especially the roads and highways in the red rectangle below will be congested. There is also ongoing work on the NAIA Elevated Expressway which will slow down traffic and jam the roads.
We therefore strongly recommend to add another 1 to 2 hours for travelling to Manila Airport (NAIA).
To make things worse, lots of people living in Metro Manila will move between the Mall of Asia and the cemeteries. Especially the Manila North and the Manila South Cemeteries will be crowded. These people will have to share the roads with passengers from and to Manila Airport (NAIA).
A special traffic plan for Manila Airport could bring a bit relief:
- Vehicles are allowed to turn left from Andrews Avenue to Tramo/EDSA to de-congest the route to NAIA Terminal 3 from Andrews.
- One lane is opened near the rotunda in front of the Villamor Hospital for U-turning vehicles going to the Skyway and Sales Interchange.
- Vehicles from Cavite and Las Piñas City can take the service road from Don Galo to NAIA Road to reach the airport.
- Motorists are also advised to use the Airport Road instead of the NAIA Road if they are coming from Roxas Boulevard going to Terminals 3 and 4.
- A fast way to get to the Terminals 1 and 2 from Magallanes in Makati City is to use the Skyway then head to the Bicutan Exit toward Doña Soledad which will take motorists to E. Rodriguez, to Kaingin Road then to Multinational Village which leads directly to Terminals 1 and 2.