Skip to content
News Ticker: We try to stay on-line
We are living near the center of the forecast track of WASHI/Sendong on Camiguin Island. Although the Tropical Storm is not that strong, we risk to encounter brown-outs.
We have fully charged all batteries and our UPS, but if a brown-ou lasts for more than 3 hours, we won’t be able to maintain our news ticker.
Situation at 09:00 AM
||some short, strong rains with long pauses
||100% overcast, no cloud structures, dark gray to the south, light gray to the north
||Waves 0.6 m
Photo of this moment:
Our workers seek temporary shelter from the downpour.
- December 16, 2011 News Ticker: No more rain but wind The rain stopped at 04:00 PM (16:00). Now the wind started to blow from north-east with about 30 to 40 km/h. The waves got a bit higher […]
- December 16, 2011 News Ticker: Rainy and gray, that’s all Nothing special to report. It slightly rains from a uniform gray sky.
Landfall is postponed to 3:00 PM this afternoon. We now have a […]
- December 16, 2011 News Ticker: Still quiet It is quiet, very quiet in Camiguin. There is no wind and no rain. The only noise comes from the neighbor's rooster.
The weather agencies […]
- December 16, 2011 News Ticker: Quiet After having "saved" the Lady Julia, our workers went home to secure their own houses. We do not expect a heavy storm but strong rainfall. […]
- December 16, 2011 News Ticker: Preparing for the Storm Our friends and neighbors, the Camiguin Action Geckos, bring their dive boat, the "Lady Julia", in a secured position on the beach. Over […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!