Skip to content
Overcrowded NAIA Terminal 3
Terminal 3 in NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) in Manila is awfully overcrowded .
People waiting for their domestic flights at the gate can not find a seat. In above picture they could at least sit on the floor. There are several reasons for this inconvenience:
- NAIA-3 had not been built for LCC operation (LCC = Low Cost Carrier)
- The 2 LCC operating from NAIA-3, Cebu Pacific and Airphil Express, have problems with the notorious traffic congestion in Manila’s airspace
- Too many flights are handled at the same gate. The picture below shows 4 CEB flights at the same time at the same gate.
Is there a solution?
No and yes!
Manila needs a new airport with at least 4 times more capacity. Clark is no solution when there is no express and priority transportation within 30 to 40 minutes. Cebu must become again attractive for international carriers.
- December 1, 2018 NAIA Terminal 3 – still messy ten years after official inauguration NAIA Terminal 3 ten years after official inauguration.
Ten years ago, on August 1, 2008, Cebu Pacific Air moved its operation from the […]
- February 6, 2015 NAIA-3 a sleepless Night A night in NAIA-3 can be awful or can be interesting or both of them. To understand complaints about Manila's airports we did a self-test […]
- October 19, 2014 Manila’s Super Constellation goes downunder The Super Constellation decorating Manila NAIA's bone-yard has been sold to Qantas. The most beautiful plane ever built will be […]
- May 15, 2013 NAIA-3, hot, hotter, boiling NAIA is the best symbol of what is incorrigibly wrong about our country. NAIA stands for something no self respecting Filipino can be […]
- February 13, 2013 Manila NAIA-3 vs. Dubai – Concourse A An airport is a country's most important gateway for tourists and for decision making people. This is even more true for a country in the […]
error: Content is protected !!