Terminal 3 in NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) in Manila is awfully overcrowded .
People waiting for their domestic flights at the gate can not find a seat. In above picture they could at least sit on the floor. There are several reasons for this inconvenience:
- NAIA-3 had not been built for LCC operation (LCC = Low Cost Carrier)
- The 2 LCC operating from NAIA-3, Cebu Pacific and Airphil Express, have problems with the notorious traffic congestion in Manila’s airspace
- Too many flights are handled at the same gate. The picture below shows 4 CEB flights at the same time at the same gate.
Is there a solution?
No and yes!
Manila needs a new airport with at least 4 times more capacity. Clark is no solution when there is no express and priority transportation within 30 to 40 minutes. Cebu must become again attractive for international carriers.
- December 1, 2018 NAIA Terminal 3 – still messy ten years after official inauguration NAIA Terminal 3 ten years after official inauguration.
Ten years ago, on August 1, 2008, Cebu Pacific Air moved its operation from the […]
- July 31, 2008 NAIA Terminal 3 is operational On July 1 Cebu Pacific Air moved parts of its operations to NAIA Terminal 3. It seems that this had been a test run. Now Cebu Pacific Air […]
- July 21, 2008 INCREDIBLE: Cebu Pacific Air goes to Terminal 3 Cebu Pacific Air transfers part of domestic operations to Terminal 3 starting on July 22!
Now a bigger, better airport terminal awaits […]
- May 15, 2013 NAIA-3, hot, hotter, boiling NAIA is the best symbol of what is incorrigibly wrong about our country. NAIA stands for something no self respecting Filipino can be […]
- November 6, 2012 PAL confuses customers PAL (Philippine Airlines) has moved parts of their operation from NAIA terminal 2 to NAIA terminal 3.
PAL had for years been the only […]