Skip to content
Philippines Trains and Railways
When we speak with friends about trains in the Philippines, they look at us as if we told them a story out of 1001 nights. Do trains really exist in the Philippines?
Yes, they do!
This is why we created a new page for tourists and railway lovers.
The first railroads had been built 1875 by a royal decree issued by King Alfonso XII of Spain. A first concession for the construction of a railway line from Manila to Dagupan was granted to Don Edmundo Sykes of the Ferrocarril de Manila-Dagupan on June 1, 1887. So the first railway line led from Manila northwards to Dagupan. The railway was 195 kilometers long at the time of its opening on November 24, 1892.
Have a look into our new pages.
This is not the inauguration run of the new Bicol Express, this is the Indian way of traveling.
- March 7, 2016 Bicol Express – Bridge heavily damaged The famous Bicol Express is now interrupted in two spots. After a landslide heavily damaged the tracks in Quezon late 2012, a flashflood […]
- November 19, 2015 Bicol Express – The Movie Bicol Express - someones get hungry and others get nostalgic. PNR, the Philippine National Railways on September 19, 2005 has reopened a […]
- December 17, 2012 Philippine National Railroad did a good job in 2012 Philippine National Railroad (PNR) did a hard and good job this year.
They extended the "Mayon Limited" from Naga City to Pili and Iriga […]
- March 16, 2012 Bicol Express soon to Legazpi The Philippine National Railways (PNR) informed that they will fully put in operation the Bicol Express lineup to Legazpi City in Albay by […]
- November 28, 2016 Bicol Express Resumption postponed – next year maybe The Bicol Express Resumption has been postponed. The results of the track testing had been disastrous.
It is a typical story of Filipino […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!