Skip to content
Runway Excursion of a Cebu Pacific A-320 in Davao
Yesterday evening an A-320 of Cebu Pacific Air ran out of the runway in Davao in a heavy downpour. Fortunately nobody got injured.
Difficult job for the emergency response team in the dark. On the engine one can see that reverse trust hat been in full action.
A passenger reported that after 15 minutes, the pilot went out of the cockpit and explained that the problem was caused by the plane’s wiper. Did the crew know about the nasty weather? Did they see the runway? Did their wipers work? Why did they land?
The answers might be “tomorrow maybe…” This bird won’t fly soon again.
- June 4, 2013 Davao runway to be cleared tonight The joint recovery team (Cebu Pacific Air & CAAP) could not get the Airbus A320 off the runway before 3 p.m. this afternoon. This […]
- June 5, 2013 Nice to look at, lovely to hold … Nice to look at, lovely to hold, but if you break it, consider it sold.
At Cebu pacific Air they should remember this often seen […]
- June 4, 2013 Davao airport still closed The airport of Davao is still closed because the Cebu Pacific Air A-320 is still on the runway.
Photo courtesy of CAAP
Cebu Pacific […]
- June 26, 2013 Pilots suspended and Airline to review practices You surely remember the runway excursion that happened on June 2 in Davao. 3 weeks later the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines […]
- June 14, 2013 Oh no – not again Cebu Pacific! A Cebu Pacific Airbus A319-100, registration RP-C3197 performing flight 5J-448 from Iloilo to Manila with 95 passengers, landed on […]
error: Content is protected !!