Skip to content
Siemens to install 81 Megawatt of Wind Power
Siemens has received their first wind energy order from the Philippines. The company announced that they will supply 27 wind turbines with a capacity of 3 MW each to Pagudpud in the province of Ilocos Norte in the north of the country.
There arstarts the Caparispisan Project of builders Northern Luzon UPC Asia Corporation and AC Energy Holdings and a group of investors. The contract includes the supply and installation of 27 direct-drive wind turbines of the type SWP-3.0-101 with a rotor diameter of 101 meters. Siemens also contracted a maintenance over a period of five years. Construction and commissioning scheduled for 2014.
According to the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), the total installed wind power in the Philippines was only 33 MW in late 2011. By 2020 it is expected to increase to 500 MW.
- May 2, 2014 Raising Heath and no Power Heath in the Philippines is raising and Mindanao lacks of electrical power for fans and air-conditioning.
The electrical grid of […]
- March 3, 2014 Long Rotational Brownouts I am writing this article with solar power. All over Mindanao long rotational brownouts are making life a bit more difficult.
- November 7, 2013 Super Typhoon HAIYAN / Yolanda – it is extremely quiet now About 12 hours before landfall it is extremely quiet. No wind at all and very light rainfall here in Camiguin (under PAGASA Signal […]
- October 25, 2015 Indonesian Smoke over Southern Philippines Last Friday a friend living uphill in Camiguin texted me to ask what was happening. She couldn't see White Island laying only 2.75 km from […]
- February 11, 2012 Off the runway! One of the Sky Pasada planes servicing Batanes was almost pushed off the island's unpaved runway by unusually strong winds on Thursday. […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!