Skip to content
Siemens to install 81 Megawatt of Wind Power
Siemens has received their first wind energy order from the Philippines. The company announced that they will supply 27 wind turbines with a capacity of 3 MW each to Pagudpud in the province of Ilocos Norte in the north of the country.
There arstarts the Caparispisan Project of builders Northern Luzon UPC Asia Corporation and AC Energy Holdings and a group of investors. The contract includes the supply and installation of 27 direct-drive wind turbines of the type SWP-3.0-101 with a rotor diameter of 101 meters. Siemens also contracted a maintenance over a period of five years. Construction and commissioning scheduled for 2014.
According to the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), the total installed wind power in the Philippines was only 33 MW in late 2011. By 2020 it is expected to increase to 500 MW.
- May 2, 2014 Raising Heath and no Power Heath in the Philippines is raising and Mindanao lacks of electrical power for fans and air-conditioning.
The electrical grid of […]
- March 3, 2014 Long Rotational Brownouts I am writing this article with solar power. All over Mindanao long rotational brownouts are making life a bit more difficult.
- February 17, 2012 Sunken Cemetery: Camiguin’s most rare and must-see site The Philippine Information Agency (PIA) published this very interesting article on St. Valentines day. Visitors of Camiguin already know […]
- March 9, 2016 The Sunbirds are back again The Sunbirds come always back to our garden in Camiguin. Usually mid to end of February the adults fill the air with their songs. Then […]
- August 16, 2013 No more seaplanes We learned that Subic Seaplane has stopped their flying activity.
I wonder whether there could be developed a market for sea-plane […]
error: Content is protected !!