Skip to content
Traveling office and Internet
Traveling and working is an easy task in the Philippines.
All you need is a laptop computer and a cell-phone.
SMART, the largest telecoms operator within the Philippines offers GPRS connections even with your prepaid SIM card (SMART Buddy). The connection costs PHP 10 per 30 minutes and connection speed is between 200 and 480kbps. The speed depends on the signal strength. With 4 or 5 bars you can expect 480 kpbs.
My today’s temporary office is at Nature’s Pensionne in Cagayan de Oro on Mindanao Island. See below what you need. From left to right: SMILE, the inflight magazine of Cebu PacificAir, your cellphone with a SMART Buddy SIM, a connection to your laptop computer (bluetooth or USB) and your laptop computer.
- March 20, 2018 Camiguin Telecom back to the Quality of 1994? Camiguin Telecom or short CamTeco suffers.
The local provider of telecommunication services on the small island of Camiguin seems to feel […]
- July 29, 2014 Philippines Internet – Fairy Tales Philippines Internet - Fairy Tales. Quality and availability of Internet access in the Philippines is the worst all over South East Asia. […]
- June 5, 2012 WARNING: Do not subscribe to SMART While the Philippines are getting out of the 3rd world zone and begin to be an emerging country, their biggest telecom company, SMART, […]
- April 25, 2012 SMARTbro = SMARTmess About two years ago I subscribed to SMARTbro post paid for 995 pesos per month. Until October last year I got my monthly bill by a guy who […]
- April 10, 2012 G3 or G4 or G-what? SMART and GLOBE, the two big telecom companies in the Philippines promise wonders to the Internet surfers. G4 or LTE is the name of the […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!