Skip to content
Tropical Storm MAYSAK
Tropical Storm MAYSAK is developing over Micronesia. The storm is increasing and moves west to northwest at a forward speed of 15 km/h.
Tropical Storm MAYSAK is still far away from the Philippines, about 3180 km east of Mindanao. It’s current position is 7.8° North and 155.2° East. JMA, the Japan Meteorological Agency predicts that the storm will move faster and increase in strength. With a forward speed of 25 km/h this Tropical Storm should arrive on the coasts of the Philippine islands within 5 days, meaning Thursday, April 2.
Central pressure of this low pressure system will continuously decrease. Form today’s 998 hPa to 955 hPa on Tuesday. By this time Tropical Storm MAYSAK will reach typhoon strength.
We keep an eye on this cyclone and will report its development at least once per day.
Animated Weather Satellite images are here.
- April 4, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng – now Category 1 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng again got weaker last night but got a bit better organized. This makes us think that the storm will reach the coast […]
- April 3, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng – the last hours? Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng showed a really strange behavior today. It changed its cloud shape from the usual typhoon doughnut to a pear and […]
- April 3, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng – weakening! Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng is progressively weakening. At this moment it has still category 2 strength. The storm is getting disorganized in […]
- April 2, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng – appoaching Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng is still approaching. PAGASA and other government agencies start now to inform people. Don't mind this is the […]
- April 2, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng now Cat.4 Typhoon MAYSAK/Chedeng continued to weaken while approaching the Philippines. Central pressure is now at 935 hPa. Forward speed slowed […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!