This morning I had to take a taxi from Cagayan de Oro to the airport. The taxi driver did not want to put on the meter and asked for PHP 150. I refused because the usual fare is PHP 110 – 120. He finally agreed to put on the meter. The final fare was PHP 105.
During the trip he explained to me the problem of high gasoline prices. The liter is now at PHP 64 in Cagayan de Oro. The ride to the airport and back needs about 2 liters. If the taxi is empty on its way back to town, the driver looses about PHP 10.
The driver also told me that in the morning there are no passengers from the airport back to town. And he had to go back to town, otherwise he would make no business until 10:00am
I gave him PHP 140. A bit less than he had asked for, but more than the meter showed.
- June 14, 2013 Laguindingan Airport: D-1 Tomorrow morning start the operations on Laguindingan Airport between the cities Cagayan de Oro and Iligan.
Yesterday the […]
- October 28, 2016 Italianni’s Restaurant Cagayan de Oro – oh no! We like Italian food and we like Italianni's Restaurant in Makati and in the Mall of Asia (MOA) but not the one in the Centrio mall in […]
- November 10, 2014 Bicol Special – the Journey (cont.) Bicol Special is a bit delayed. Internet in Bicol is worse than in Camiguin. I'd like to have my old 19.2K modem here. But before we […]
- October 21, 2014 Oceanjet resumes service to Camiguin Oceanjet resumes service to Camiguin from tomorrow, October 22, 2014. They will again ply the route Cagayan de Oro - Benoni - Jagna in the […]
- September 17, 2014 Laguindingan airport has VOR Laguindingan airport has now a VOR (VHF Omni Directional Radio Range). When we brought our 2 guests to Laguindingan airport last Saturday, […]