On 17 February 2014 at 01:56:01 p.m. a magnitude 5.3 shook Ilocos Norte, 29 kilometers southwest of Burgos.
The earthquake was felt with these intensities:
Intensity V – Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte
Intensity IV – Sarrat, Laoag and Paoay, Ilocos Norte
Intensity III – Sinait, Ilocos Sur; Claveria, Cagayan; Bangui, Ilocos Norte
Intensity II – Santa, Ilocos Sur; Callao, Peñablanca and Calayan, Cagayan
Intensity I – Baguio City
See also our interactive Earthquake page.
- February 17, 2014 Earthquake update GDACS, the Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System has issued an Orange Earthquake Alert.
This earthquake is expected […]
- May 19, 2016 1000th Earthquake 2016 in the Philippines The 1000th Earthquake occurred last night at 09:05 PM near Calintaan, Occidental Mindoro. The first 4 months of 2016 we recorded more […]
- May 20, 2015 #WestValleyFault Earthquake Within a few days the hashtag #WestValleyFault spread all over the Philippines. It became so viral that in different forums people were […]
- November 22, 2014 Manila Trench is rocking The Manila Trench is an oceanic trench in the Pacific Ocean, located west of the islands of Luzon and Mindoro. This subduction […]
- November 18, 2014 Earthquakes – a strong series Earthquakes - a strong series shook the underground of the northern Philippines. Yesterday, 6 rather strong earthquakes rattled north of […]