Skip to content
Earthquakes – a strong series
Earthquakes – a strong series shook the underground of the northern Philippines. Yesterday, 6 rather strong earthquakes rattled north of Ilocos Norte.
The series started at 9:34 p.m. on November 17 with a magnitude 5.2 shock. The focus was 14 km deep. This initial shock was then followed by 5 after-shocks until 10:50 p.m. The magnitudes of these after-shocks were all above 4.1. The focuses laid near to each other.
On our earthquake page you can zoom-in above map.
This series of earthquakes happened in northern part of the Manila Trench. Fortunately PHIVOLCS noted no intensity reports and no damages. But the earthquakes must have been felt in Laoag and in the Batanes Group of Islands.
These earthquakes were numbers 1785 to 1790 this year in the Philippines.
- July 6, 2016 Super Typhoon NEPARTAK / Butchoy now Category 5 The first Typhoon of the Storm Season 2016 is a real Monster. Approaching the costs of Taiwan it now presents gust wind speeds of up to […]
- June 10, 2016 Rumbling North – Strong Earthquake with Aftershocks Strong Earthquake in the North of the Philippines early this morning. PHIVOLCS reported very early a Magnitude 5.0 quake near Ambaguio […]
- March 3, 2016 More Earthquakes in the Philippines More Earthquakes in the Philippines. In the first two months of 2016 we recorded more earthquakes than in the previous years.
In two […]
- July 21, 2014 Typhoon MATMO/Henry’s backdoor Typhoon MATMO/Henry seems to pass by. But even if it is not hitting the Philippine islands it is amplifying the south-west monsoon called […]
- February 17, 2014 Earthquake update GDACS, the Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System has issued an Orange Earthquake Alert.
This earthquake is expected […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!