Skip to content
Rainy days ahead in the Philippines
It is winter time!
While Amihan (the north-east monsoon) cools down Luzon and makes wind-surfers and kite-boarders happy in Boracay, the rest of the Philippines gets warm and humid air from east. The “Easterlies” blow over the Pacific Ocean and discharge their heavy clouds when they meet the fresh air from mainland China.
We therefore strongly recommend to have an umbrella with you.
This weather-map and more real-time weather information is here.
Postcard from Camiguin
- November 25, 2011 Full Power Amihan now! Amihan, the fresh north-east monsoon is now blowing at full strength. Embedded within this strong air-stram is a cold front. This front is […]
- May 1, 2014 Amihan is off – Habagat not yet active The season of the wind change is here. Amihan is off - Habagat not yet active
The northward migration of the Siberian High Pressure […]
- January 10, 2014 Wet weekend ahead A weak low pressure area (LPA) is moving towards south-eastern Mindanao. It will enhance the rainfall the southern islands encountered […]
- January 7, 2014 It’s more fun in the (northern) Philippines during Amihan We expected it since begin of December, now it is here: The southern Philippines Wet Season.
The sky is some 50 shades of grey and very […]
- September 27, 2013 Low Pressure Area East of Mindanao There is a new Low Pressure Area (LPA) hovering 980 km east of Mindanao in the vicinity of Palau. This LPA is slowly moving westwards in […]
error: Content is protected !!