Skip to content
SEAIR plane overshoots Kalibo (KLO) Runway
At 8:30 a.m. a plane of SEAIR overshot the runway in Kalibo.
Kalibo International Airport is still closed for any traffic. Reports say that nobody was hurt in the accident. Officials hope to re-open the airport this afternoon.
This accident brings problems to Boracay tourists because the airport in Caticlan can only accommodate small planes. All Airbus planes have to operate in Kalibo
Last time such an incident happened in Kalibo was on February 13, 2012. At that time an Airphil Express (now again PAL Express) A-320 overshot the runway by 60 meters.
- August 26, 2013 Kalibo airport (KLO / RPVK ) is open again Kalibo's airport is open again. It had been closed from 08:05 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. after an Airbus A-320 of SEAIR (Tiger Airways) slipped […]
- May 26, 2014 Kalibo International Airport Kalibo International Airport among other airports in the country reflects the incapacity of the authorities to adopt even the lowest […]
- September 4, 2013 Kalibo Airport (KLO) at its limits Kalibo "International" Airport (KLO) is at its limits. More and more airlines and LCC are flying to Kalibo or announce their intention to […]
- March 6, 2012 Kalibo International Airport (KLO) run down Less than a year after opening the new international terminal in Kalibo (Aklan) the building feels and looks like a run down second hand […]
- February 19, 2012 AirPhil Express: It was a pilot error! You may remember the runway overshot in Kalibo on February 13, 2011.
A passenger shot a movie of the landing. In these movie you can […]
error: Content is protected !!