Less than a year after opening the new international terminal in Kalibo (Aklan) the building feels and looks like a run down second hand shop.
On June 23, 2011 – a bit more than 9 months ago – CAAP Director General Alfonso G. Cusi, Aklan Congressman Florencio T. Miraflores, Aklan Governor Carlito S. Marquez, DOTC Assistant Secretary for Air Transportation Hon. Doroteo A. Reyes and Aklan Vice Governor Gabrielle C. Quimpo cut the ribbon of the PHP 50,000,000.00 terminal building. Source: www.aklan.gov.ph
See also our information here
On Febrary 16, 2012, Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) Secretary Manuel Roxas has approved the budget allocation of PHP 150,000,000.00 to expand the facilities of Kalibo Airport to make it responsive to the demands of rising tourist arrivals.
This is 3 times the initial budget for the construction of the new Kalibo Intl. Airport Terminal. When you have a look at the quality of work, then you can’t stop wondering, where all that money goes.
Photo taken by makato45 on 2012:02:21 at 01:33:01 PM
Photo taken by makato45 on 2012:02:21 at 01:38:11 PM
Photo taken by makato45 on 2012:03:01 08:04:50 AM
- May 26, 2014 Kalibo International Airport Kalibo International Airport among other airports in the country reflects the incapacity of the authorities to adopt even the lowest […]
- August 19, 2010 Philippine Airlines: Accident in Kalibo A Philippine Airlines Airbus A320-200, registration RP-C8613 performing flight PR-321 from Manila to Kalibo with 127 passengers and 6 […]
- March 25, 2014 Laguindingan Airport News The orphan airport project in Laguindingan (CGY/RPMY) between Cagayan de Oro and Iligan runs into more problems.
AirAsia Zest announced […]
- February 8, 2014 White Elephants and Black Holes Last Thursday we wrote about the crippled airport project in Laguindingan. Today our friends in Panay found another outstanding project […]
- September 4, 2013 Kalibo Airport (KLO) at its limits Kalibo "International" Airport (KLO) is at its limits. More and more airlines and LCC are flying to Kalibo or announce their intention to […]