A few minutes ago a strong earthquake shook us.
The Quake happened at 11:46 AM this morning between Cebu and Negros.
It had a magnitude of 6.9.
We felt the quake with intensity IV in Camiguin.
The shock lasted for about 10 seconds. Water did swap out of pails.
Last update at 12:40 PM:
Intensity VII – Dumaguete City
Intensity VI – La Carlota City and La Castellana, Negros Occidental
Intensity V – Roxas City; Dao and Ivisan, Capiz; Iloilo City
Intensity IV – San Jose de Buenavista and Pandan Antique; Ayungon, Negros Oriental; Kalibo, Aklan; Sagay, Negros Occidental; Dipolog City
Intensity III – Butuan City, Agusan del Norte; Legaspi City, Albay; Carmen, Cagayan de Oro
Intensity II – Cabid-an, Sorsogon
For more information see here
- January 1, 2013 Earthquakes 2012 in the Philippines Last year we recorded 1324 earthquakes in the Philippines. 10 of these quakes were dangerous and at least one of them created big damages […]
- March 9, 2012 Already 333 Earthquakes since January 1st, 2012 The underground in the Philippines is moving. There are currently 4 regions that experience nearly daily earthquakes: Negros, Mindoro, […]
- March 6, 2012 Strong Earthquake in Masbate A 5.2 magnitude earthquake jolted the provinces of Masbate, Albay and Sorsogon this morning at 07:06 morning.
The earthquake of tectonic […]
- February 7, 2012 The Earth continues to shake in Negros The earth still shakes in Negros and the southern Visayas. Most of the aftershocks can be felt even in northern Mindanao (Camiguin).
- February 6, 2012 A swarm of heavy Earthquakes shakes the Central Philippines As reported earlier, a swarm of heavy earthquakes with magnitudes 6.9 hits the central Philippines today. The epicenters of the […]