Skip to content
Summer is over! Habagat replaces Amihan
During the last weeks we encountered what local people call the father of all winds. The north-east winds, known as Amihan steadily got weaker. Then the winds came from any direction and now the south-west monsoon called Habagat is getting stronger every day.
The Amihan season
The Habagat season
Until end of November it’s now the season to visit the southern islands.
- It is sunny and warm but not hot
- There are no typhoons in the south
- No place is overcrowded
Sunny greetings from Camiguin
- July 8, 2015 CHAN-HOM and NANGKA – Habagat Amplifiers Last weekend, Tropical Storm LINFA/Egay brought a lot of rain over northern Luzon. Now it is enhancing the southwest monsoon (Habagat) […]
- May 1, 2014 Amihan is off – Habagat not yet active The season of the wind change is here. Amihan is off - Habagat not yet active
The northward migration of the Siberian High Pressure […]
- June 10, 2013 Tropical Storm YAGI / Dante has triggered Habagat Before Tropical Storm YAGI / Dante had passed by, out in the Philippine Sea, we had the situation of "father of all winds".
There had […]
- December 4, 2012 Typhoon BOPHA / Pablo – Short Update 09:00 AM on December 04, 2012 This is a short update only:
Typhoon BOPHA / Pablo has slightly weakened after having made landfall. It is now moving west to northwest […]
- November 25, 2011 Full Power Amihan now! Amihan, the fresh north-east monsoon is now blowing at full strength. Embedded within this strong air-stram is a cold front. This front is […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!