Mayon is magic. Frequent readers of this blog do know my preference for volcanoes. But Mayon is not a volcano as others, Mayon is the most beautiful volcano on earth.
But to see the beauty you have to get up early. 06:00 am is perfect, because some minutes later the sun heaths the atmosphere and soon the beauty will be hidden behind cumulus clouds.
So, if you are an admirer of natural beauty, get up early.
Mayon’s activity is currently very low in spite of the permanent gas and steam cloud in the crater. But beware! About every 23 months, the Mayon volcano erupts, sometimes gently but often violent. If you are a volcano-addict, please vote for Mayon in the election of the New 7 Natural Wonders.
WARNING: This volcano is smoking! (And as they say, smoking may be dangerous…). This advice comes from PHIVOLCS an not the WHO
Read more about Mount Mayon
- September 17, 2014 Mayon volcano a dangerous Beauty Yesterday we reported that Alert Level 3 had been proclaimed for Mayon volcano. As of midnight Tuesday, 1,653 families had been evacuated […]
- October 19, 2014 Mayon Volcano – New Lava Flow Mayon Volcano - After one week, a new lava flow was observed at restive Mayon Volcano this morning. The lava flow was observed […]
- June 2, 2013 Mayon alert level raised to 1 PHIVOLCS has raised Mayon Volcano's alert level to Level 1 as bluish steam emissions and crater glow were spotted.
PHIVOLCS' resident […]
- November 11, 2012 Taal and Mayon volcano slightly nervous We had stopped our status reports of 3 Philippine volcanoes, Mayon, Bulusan and Taal earlier this year, because the 3 volcanoes calmed […]
- September 18, 2014 Mayon Volcano is highly active Mayon Volcano is highly active. This morning's report from PHIVOLCS indicates a steady increase of activity. Mayon Volcano’s alert status […]