Mayon is magic. Frequent readers of this blog do know my preference for volcanoes. But Mayon is not a volcano as others, Mayon is the most beautiful volcano on earth.
But to see the beauty you have to get up early. 06:00 am is perfect, because some minutes later the sun heaths the atmosphere and soon the beauty will be hidden behind cumulus clouds.
So, if you are an admirer of natural beauty, get up early.
Mayon’s activity is currently very low in spite of the permanent gas and steam cloud in the crater. But beware! About every 23 months, the Mayon volcano erupts, sometimes gently but often violent. If you are a volcano-addict, please vote for Mayon in the election of the New 7 Natural Wonders.
WARNING: This volcano is smoking! (And as they say, smoking may be dangerous…). This advice comes from PHIVOLCS an not the WHO
Read more about Mount Mayon
- October 19, 2014 Mayon Volcano – New Lava Flow Mayon Volcano - After one week, a new lava flow was observed at restive Mayon Volcano this morning. The lava flow was observed […]
- September 17, 2014 Mayon volcano a dangerous Beauty Yesterday we reported that Alert Level 3 had been proclaimed for Mayon volcano. As of midnight Tuesday, 1,653 families had been evacuated […]
- January 2, 2019 6242 Philippines’ Earthquakes in 2018 – an Analysis
6442 Philippines' Earthquakes counted in the Year 2018.
These are about 1500 more quakes than in 2017. Is the underground of the […]
- June 10, 2016 Phreatic Explosion on Bulusan Volcano A Phreatic Explosion happened on Bulusan Volcano at 11:35 a.m. on June 10. Mount Bulusan in Sorsogon province spewed ashes 2000 meters […]
- May 19, 2016 1000th Earthquake 2016 in the Philippines The 1000th Earthquake occurred last night at 09:05 PM near Calintaan, Occidental Mindoro. The first 4 months of 2016 we recorded more […]