Since this morning the earth shakes between Negros and Cebu Island in the Philippines. Affter a heavy initial shock of magnitude 6.9 several earthquakes hit the southern Visayas. The latest earthquake happened just 15 minutes ago. During dinner our plates moved violently in north-south direction. Official times are 07:33 and 07:40 PM. Reported magnitudes are 4.8 and 4.2.
Stay tuned, we are preparing a summary report.
- February 6, 2012 A swarm of heavy Earthquakes shakes the Central Philippines As reported earlier, a swarm of heavy earthquakes with magnitudes 6.9 hits the central Philippines today. The epicenters of the […]
- February 6, 2012 Strong Aftershock in Negros After the initial magnitude 6.9 earthquake a strong aftershock with magnitude 5.3 shook the southern Visayas again.
At 12.20 PM the earth […]
- February 7, 2012 The Earth continues to shake in Negros The earth still shakes in Negros and the southern Visayas. Most of the aftershocks can be felt even in northern Mindanao (Camiguin).
- February 6, 2012 More strong Earthquakes in Negros U R G E N T
Just now at 06:11 PM we felt again a strong earthquake in Camiguin.
We presume that its origins were again between Negros […]
- January 1, 2013 Earthquakes 2012 in the Philippines Last year we recorded 1324 earthquakes in the Philippines. 10 of these quakes were dangerous and at least one of them created big damages […]