Skip to content
Animals in Bohol
The Philippines are very rich of animals. In Bohol you can find them nearly everywhere. The only things you need is enough time and a good guide. (Thanks Hampi).
First a Tarsier
There is only one location where tarsiers are allowed to be held in captivity: The Tarsier Foundation in Corella.
In the woods near Bilar you find less nice but interesting animals: Giant Centipedes
Be careful, these animals of about 1 to 1.5 feet are poisonous. Avoid the secreted liquid and have alcohol with you to wash your skin.
Near Batuan you can see over 90 varieties of butterflies.
Birds can be seen nearly everywhere.
- April 27, 2012 Bohol: Highway in Cortes still interrupted Over a year ago, during the wet winter 2010/2011, a landslide happened in Cortes in extreme south-west Bohol. This landslide interrupted […]
- April 27, 2012 Good News for Bohol Tarsiers During years Bohol Tarsiers were held in captivity by restaurants and tour operators along the Loboc river. This natural drama is now […]
- May 11, 2012 Incredible – possible only in the Philippines Silent Gardens is known to answer to any request or inquiry. If we can help, we do it - with pleasure, of course.
This morning we got the […]
- September 1, 2008 An unexpected experience ... or how a problem can lead to a discovery.
Getting back from Bohol to Camiguin we took a van in Tagbilaran to reach the port in Jagna. […]
- February 19, 2013 Tropical Depression “CRISING” – update 8:00 p.m. The Tropical Depression “CRISING” is still moving northwest at 22 km/h. Now also the Central Visayas are getting rain and Palawan risks […]
error: Content is protected !!