Skip to content
Kalibo (KLO) gets a 150 million peso overhaul and upgrade
It seems that DoTC Secretary Mar Roxas reads our blog (see here).
Anyway, Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) Secretary Manuel Roxas has approved the budget allocation to expand the facilities of Kalibo Airport to make it responsive to the demands of rising tourist arrivals.
The PHP 150 million budget will be spent on the expansion of the apron and the passenger terminal facility so that it can accommodate as much tourists as they come.
Currently, the airport’s apron can accommodate three planes only at a time. The airplanes have to circle and wait before they can land in the airport. Or they have to wait on the runway after landing until another plane is ready to take off.
- September 4, 2013 Kalibo Airport (KLO) at its limits Kalibo "International" Airport (KLO) is at its limits. More and more airlines and LCC are flying to Kalibo or announce their intention to […]
- July 31, 2010 Kalibo (KLO) is now international The airport of Kalibo in the province of Aklan on Panay island is now international.
The airport of Kalibo (KLO) is very important for […]
- May 26, 2014 Kalibo International Airport Kalibo International Airport among other airports in the country reflects the incapacity of the authorities to adopt even the lowest […]
- August 26, 2013 Kalibo airport (KLO / RPVK ) is open again Kalibo's airport is open again. It had been closed from 08:05 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. after an Airbus A-320 of SEAIR (Tiger Airways) slipped […]
- August 26, 2013 SEAIR plane overshoots Kalibo (KLO) Runway At 8:30 a.m. a plane of SEAIR overshot the runway in Kalibo.
Kalibo International Airport is still closed for any traffic. Reports say […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!