Skip to content
Magnitude 5.9 Earthquake in Dinagat
At 03:58:03 PM this afternoon our office was shaken by an earthquake.
The center of the earthquake was on Dinagat Island near Surigao. PHIVOLCS expects damages in Dinagat and Surigao.
Felt intensities reported to PHIVOLCS:
Intensity VI – Surigao City
Intensity V – General Luna, Surigao del Norte; Basilisa, Dinagat; San Ricardo, Southern Leyte
Intensity IV – Carrascal, Surigao del Sur
Intensity III – Tolosa and Tacloban Leyte; Davao City; Bislig City; Borongan, Eastern Samar
Intensity II – Cebu City; Sulat, Eastern Samar
Intensity I – Hibok-Hibok, Camiguin
See also our 2012 Philippines Earthquake map
- January 1, 2013 Earthquakes 2012 in the Philippines Last year we recorded 1324 earthquakes in the Philippines. 10 of these quakes were dangerous and at least one of them created big damages […]
- April 30, 2012 500th Earthquake 2012 in the Philippines This morning April 30, 2012 at 03:11:22 AM we recorded the 500th earthquake this year. The center of the earthquake was in northern Leyte […]
- March 9, 2012 Already 333 Earthquakes since January 1st, 2012 The underground in the Philippines is moving. There are currently 4 regions that experience nearly daily earthquakes: Negros, Mindoro, […]
- March 6, 2012 Strong Earthquake in Masbate A 5.2 magnitude earthquake jolted the provinces of Masbate, Albay and Sorsogon this morning at 07:06 morning.
The earthquake of tectonic […]
- February 7, 2012 The Earth continues to shake in Negros The earth still shakes in Negros and the southern Visayas. Most of the aftershocks can be felt even in northern Mindanao (Camiguin).
error: Content is protected !!