Skip to content
New Tropical Depression forming
A new Tropical Depression (LPA 98W) is forming east of Palau. The TD is slowly moving westwards, towards the Philippines.
Weather is still sunny in the Philippines. There are some locally produced cumulus clouds that can grow in the afternoon to thunderstorm cells.
The development of the clouds in the red circle is better visible in our 24 hours satellite image loops.
The water vapor density in above picture shows that the Philippines are mostly sunny.
The JMA isobars map shows the slow westward movement of the new TD. The depression is still weak with 1006 hPa.
Although the chance that this depression develops into a cyclone is still very small, we’ll have an eye on this system
- January 14, 2015 The Pope’s Depression The Pope's Depression is approaching Samar. The Tropical Depression 01W will intensify and arrive in Samar when the Pope will visit Leyte. […]
- April 4, 2014 Tropical Depression changes direction The Tropical Depression (TD 05W ) still east of Palau moving west to northwest towards the Philippines.
The forward speed is about 15 […]
- April 3, 2014 Tropical Depression approaching There is a Tropical Depression (TD 05W ) east of Palau moving westwards.
This tropical Depression is currently far in the south at […]
- July 8, 2013 Tropical Depression 07W is quickly developing The Low pressure Area (LPA) o7W is already a Tropical Depression TD and is quickly increasing in strength. JMA and US Navy forecast […]
- June 28, 2013 Tropical Depression “99W / Gorio”: update 3:45 p.m. Tropical Depression 99W / Gorio becomes better organized over the Philippine Sea, east of Surigao Del Norte.
It is likely to […]
error: Content is protected !!