Skip to content
Z(P)est Air again
A Zest Air plane skidded off the runway of the Kalibo airport in Aklan on Thursday afternoon, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) Aviation Security Group said.According to Chief Supt. Christopher Laxa, director of the PNP Aviation Security Group, the incident occurred at around 3:15 p.m.
The pilot of the Zest Air flight Z2 058 bound for Busan in South Korea reportedly miscalculated the runway during a turn prior to take-off and its front tire rolled into soft ground.
The plane has already been removed from soft ground but was still on the runway of the airport, as of posting.
All 150 passengers and crew are safe.
Eric Apolonio, public information officer of CAAP, said the Kalibo airport will be temporarily closed due to the incident.
It will resume operations at 6 p.m. today, he said.
Authorities said Zest Air will send a rescue flight for the stranded passengers.
Meanwhile, four flights to Kalibo have been cancelled: 2 flights of Seair, and 1 flight of Cebu Pacific, and 1 AirPhil Express.
[Editor’s comment:] When will CAAP finally ground Z(P)est Air definitely? The management of this Air Line is unable to guarantee the safety of their passengers and crews. Management? Who is directing this company’s airborne business?
- August 20, 2013 The ZEST Wonder I already wrote about "Saint Zest". And now there is a wonder! Zest is really a Saint.
Zest is flying again, at least 3 aircraft of […]
- March 2, 2014 All Xi’An MA-60 grounded Xi’an Aircraft Industry Co has applied to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) to suspend operations of the MA-60 turboprops […]
- August 21, 2013 5 Cities in Metro Manila under state of calamity 5 Cities in Metro Manila are under state of calamity namely Muntinlupa, Pateros, Paranaque, Malabon and now Pasay.
The International […]
- August 18, 2013 We found “Saint Zest” ! While surfing in the Philippines' airlines waves we found "Saint Zest"!
2Z also known as Zest Air or Pest Air had been grounded […]
- August 16, 2013 ZEST AIR GROUNDED ! Zest Air has been grounded by CAAP due to safety violations!
Zest Air had encountered several air incidents and accidents in the […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!