A very tasteless hoax circulates these days on social media sites: “Agaton or Yolanda Part 2 Super Typhoon to hit the Philippines”.
There is nothing! The satellite image of the northern Pacific of this morning shows absolutely no dangerous situation. The fully animated 24 hours movie is here.
It is extremely tasteless to shock people with a non-existing menace, while ten thousands of Pinoys are still suffering from devastating typhoon HAIYAN/Yolanda.
2014 Typhoons entering PAR (the Philippines Area of Responsibility) will get these names:
Agatón, Basyang, Calóy, Domeng, Ester, Florita, Glenda, Henry, Inday, José, Katring, Luís, Mario, Neneng, Ompong, Paeng, Queenie, Ruby, Séniang, Tomás, Usmán, Venus, Waldo, Yayang, Zeny.
- January 19, 2014 Camiguin is grey, rainy and cold The Tropical Depression LINGLING/Agaton is now hovering since more than a week over the southern islands of the Philippines. The soils are […]
- July 9, 2013 Typhoon SOULIK/07W at the northern limits … The strong Tropical Storm (TS) SOULIK/07W has again strengthened and is now a Typhoon Cat.1. This system is moving west at the northern […]
- November 6, 2013 Super Typhoon HAIYAN / Yolanda – a big menace First of all sorry for the month off. I had been traveling between snow, ice and rocks and Röschti.
Super Typhoon HAIYAN / Yolanda, […]
- September 22, 2013 After USAGI / Odette – clean the Beach Typhoon USAGI / Odette moved slightly eastwards. Friends from Hongkong informed us that the streets are empty, no ships are sailing and […]
- September 24, 2008 More Typhoons? Less Typhoons? When a new tropical storm or a typhoon is approaching the people in the Philippines start to discuss. The hottest topic is the increase of […]