A very tasteless hoax circulates these days on social media sites: “Agaton or Yolanda Part 2 Super Typhoon to hit the Philippines”.
There is nothing! The satellite image of the northern Pacific of this morning shows absolutely no dangerous situation. The fully animated 24 hours movie is here.
It is extremely tasteless to shock people with a non-existing menace, while ten thousands of Pinoys are still suffering from devastating typhoon HAIYAN/Yolanda.
2014 Typhoons entering PAR (the Philippines Area of Responsibility) will get these names:
Agatón, Basyang, Calóy, Domeng, Ester, Florita, Glenda, Henry, Inday, José, Katring, Luís, Mario, Neneng, Ompong, Paeng, Queenie, Ruby, Séniang, Tomás, Usmán, Venus, Waldo, Yayang, Zeny.
- November 18, 2015 Tropical Storm IN-FA moving west Tropical Storm IN-FA is moving west. This storm is still far away from the Philippines but has the potential to amplify to a Typhoon Cat. […]
- October 15, 2015 Tropical Storm KOPPU/Lando a bit slower Tropical Storm KOPPU/Lando advanced a bit slower than forecasts predicted. While still moving westward it gained a bit of strength. The […]
- October 14, 2015 Tropical Storm KOPPU/Lando straight westward Tropical Storm KOPPU/Lando continues on its westward track. It has slightly slowed down the forward speed from 25 to 20 km/h. It has […]
- October 13, 2015 Two Tropical Depressions in a row Two Tropical Depressions in a row are approaching the Philippines. The nearer one at 142° E, is moving westward at 15 km/h. The second one […]
- July 8, 2015 CHAN-HOM and NANGKA – Habagat Amplifiers Last weekend, Tropical Storm LINFA/Egay brought a lot of rain over northern Luzon. Now it is enhancing the southwest monsoon (Habagat) […]