Aicraft Crash in Camiguin – update no gossip
Gossip is awful! We experienced yesterday. Say what you saw! Anything more is gossip. Nobody on ground had really seen the aircraft coming down, but some people in Barangay Baylao experienced the impact. They had been lucky- The aircraft hit the ground only five meters from the next house and 20 meters from the next sari-sari store. But then people started to talk. They suddenly became important. The only real wittinesses are the survivors.
– Pilot (pilot non flying, instructor) died
– Pilot (pilot flying, trainee) in hospital in Cebu-City
– Passenger 1 (male, father of passenger 3) in hospital in Cebu-City
– Passenger 2 (female, mother of passenger 3) died
– Passenger 3 (son of 1 and 2, 3 years old) in hospital in Cebu-City
The 3 surviving passengers had been first brought to the hospital in Mambajao. The doctors and nurses gave them first aid and prepared them for transfer to a better equipped hospital in Cebu-City. We hope, they got and get appropriate treatment.
During last night and today all day, the wreck had been recovered.
Unfortunately during all day Monday, the Internet connections from Camiguin island had been extremely bad or interrupted. Had this been a g-action?
There is a big quantity of questions:
– What were the reasons of the accident? Pilot error or aircraft failure?
– The Pilot flying had been a trainee. Is a trainee allowed in the cockpit of a commercial flight?
– The registration of the aircraft RP-C209, serial number FAA 172S8995 is more than doubtful. To whom belongs this aircraft?
– Is the aircraft registered in the Philippines?
-There is a doubtful movie on Tripadvisor:
– What will CAAP do and what will be the consequences?
– And last but not least: What will happen to transportation from and to Camiguin?