Beware of mosquitoes, they are the worst killers on earth.
Every year mosquitoes kill 725,000 people. It is not the mosquitoes who kill but the bacteria and viruses they transmit with their saliva when sucking our blood. The best protection is not to get bitten by mosquitoes. Mechanical protection (mosquito nets and clothes) is the most efficient protection. Chemical protection (insect repellent) is only to be used where or when mechanical protection is not possible.
But beware also of the second deadliest animal – man! 475’000 people get killed every year by other people. Shame on us!
And finally stop killing sharks. Only 10 people per year get killed by sharks.
Here you find more about health protection when you are in the Philippines.
- April 18, 2014 HEALTH ADVISORY
UPDATE: Saturday, April 19, 2014: In a press conference on Saturday, DOH Secretary Enrique Ona said further tests on […]
- October 25, 2015 Indonesian Smoke over Southern Philippines Last Friday a friend living uphill in Camiguin texted me to ask what was happening. She couldn't see White Island laying only 2.75 km from […]
- April 24, 2014 My doc is also an artist This morning I got a message on facebook from my dentist. With a big surprise I found that my doc is also an artist.
Some years ago I […]
- March 3, 2014 Large solar power plant to rise in Palawan Palawan will soon be home to the Philippines’ largest micro-grid solar power plant, generating 1.3 megawatts of clean renewable […]
- April 13, 2012 Scarborough Shoal or Huangyan Island? The diplomatic climate between China and the Philippines is again a rather high pressure area.
The Philippines say the PCG […]