Skip to content
Philippine Airlines: Accident in Kalibo
A Philippine Airlines Airbus A320-200, registration RP-C8613 performing flight PR-321 from Manila to Kalibo with 127 passengers and 6 crew, touched Kalibo Airport’s perimeter fence and damaged the right landing gear.
The crew aborted the approach to Kalibo and returned to Manila, where the airplane landed safely about 2 hours after departure.
The only victims were a married couple riding a tricycle on the road ahead of runway 23. They were blown over when the airplane went around. The couple was taken to a local hospital in Kalibo.
Kalibo’s runway 05/23 is only 2187 meters (7200 feet) long. The road from Kalibo to New Washington passes in close distance to the threshold of runway 23.
Click to enlarge
- March 6, 2012 Kalibo International Airport (KLO) run down Less than a year after opening the new international terminal in Kalibo (Aklan) the building feels and looks like a run down second hand […]
- May 26, 2014 Kalibo International Airport Kalibo International Airport among other airports in the country reflects the incapacity of the authorities to adopt even the lowest […]
- September 4, 2013 Kalibo Airport (KLO) at its limits Kalibo "International" Airport (KLO) is at its limits. More and more airlines and LCC are flying to Kalibo or announce their intention to […]
- August 26, 2013 Kalibo airport (KLO / RPVK ) is open again Kalibo's airport is open again. It had been closed from 08:05 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. after an Airbus A-320 of SEAIR (Tiger Airways) slipped […]
- August 26, 2013 SEAIR plane overshoots Kalibo (KLO) Runway At 8:30 a.m. a plane of SEAIR overshot the runway in Kalibo.
Kalibo International Airport is still closed for any traffic. Reports say […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!