Skip to content
Low Pressure Area (Dante) upgraded to Tropical Depression
Floating northwards over the warm waters of the Philippine Sea the tropical depression 98W / Dante has powered up. It’s core pressure is now 1004 hPa.
The Japan Meterological Agency (JMA) has analyzed this morning at 8:00 PST that the depression had a core pressure of 1004 hPa and that it slowly moves northwards. Wind speeds are 55 km/h near the center and 83 km/h gusts.
JMA’s forecast for tomorrow morning 8:00 PST is: A core pressure of 1000 hPa and that it still moves northwards at 20 km/h. Wind speeds will be 65 km/h near the center and 93 km/h gusts.
We keep an eye on the tropical depression 98W / Dante
For the next 24 hours there is no danger for the Philippines
- January 14, 2015 The Pope’s Depression The Pope's Depression is approaching Samar. The Tropical Depression 01W will intensify and arrive in Samar when the Pope will visit Leyte. […]
- April 20, 2014 New Tropical Depression forming A new Tropical Depression (LPA 98W) is forming east of Palau. The TD is slowly moving westwards, towards the Philippines.
Weather is […]
- April 4, 2014 Tropical Depression changes direction The Tropical Depression (TD 05W ) still east of Palau moving west to northwest towards the Philippines.
The forward speed is about 15 […]
- April 3, 2014 Tropical Depression approaching There is a Tropical Depression (TD 05W ) east of Palau moving westwards.
This tropical Depression is currently far in the south at […]
- July 8, 2013 Tropical Depression 07W is quickly developing The Low pressure Area (LPA) o7W is already a Tropical Depression TD and is quickly increasing in strength. JMA and US Navy forecast […]
error: Content is protected !!