Skip to content
Tropical Storm 05W
The Tropical Depression 05W has strengthened into a Tropical Storm and has accelerated its west-northwest movement towards Palau.
This morning the storm had been southwest of Koror (Palau) at 4.3°N and 141.4°E. The winds have increased to 65 km/hh near the center and gusts up to 85 km/h. The forward speed varies between 24 and 33 km/h.
If the Tropical Storm maintains this forward speed, it can be expected within PAR (Philippines Area of Responsibility) by tomorrow. Without significant changes in direction, the storm will hit Surigao, Siargao, Dinagat around Wednesday. Currently the storm is 1600 km south-east of Mindanao.
The 24 hours animated satellite loops are here.
We keep an eye on this storm system and update our information at least once per day.
- July 12, 2014 First Typhoon 2014 First Typhoon 2014. After Super-Typhoon NEOGURI passed by and hit Okinawa and south-western Japan, RAMMASUN will probably hit the northern […]
- April 5, 2014 Tropical Storm “Peipah” (05W) Tropical Storm 05W is intensifying and got now the international name "Peipah". If you check the multi-agency forecast below, you see that […]
- November 18, 2015 Tropical Storm IN-FA moving west Tropical Storm IN-FA is moving west. This storm is still far away from the Philippines but has the potential to amplify to a Typhoon Cat. […]
- July 8, 2015 CHAN-HOM and NANGKA – Habagat Amplifiers Last weekend, Tropical Storm LINFA/Egay brought a lot of rain over northern Luzon. Now it is enhancing the southwest monsoon (Habagat) […]
- May 10, 2015 Tropical Storm DOLPHIN – The next bad guy? You may remember our storm report from May 8. We then reported a strange guy developing around Palikir, Micronesia. This strange guy now […]
error: Content is protected !!