Severe Tropical Storm FITOW / Quedan is to be upgraded to Typhoon Cat.1 within an hour. The storm is now north of the Philippines. It is heading still north but should turn north-west tonight.
GDACS (Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System) the joint research cnter of the UN and EU has issued an orange alert for southern China.
In the Philippines this storm still enhances the south-west monsoon (Habagat). Skies in the south are mostly sunny, with local thunderstorms, but winds are sometimes strong and sea is rather rough.
On the right side of above satellite image you can already see the next ugly guy organizing north-east of Guam. This LPA 97W will become a cyclone is very probable. Fortunately for the Philippines it is already in the north.
JMA’s forecast says that Typhoon FITOW / Quedan will turn to north-northwest and the full northwest heading for the Chinese coast.
We keep an eye on Severe Typhoon FITOW / Quedan and the developing LPA 97W. For more and near real-time information see here:
Old Weather Page
New Weather Page
New Marine Weather Page
- October 4, 2013 Typhoon FITOW / Quedan got stronger last night Typhoon FITOW / Quedan is now north of the Philippines. As predicted it got stronger during the night and has developed a clearly visible […]
- October 16, 2015 Typhoon KOPPU/Lando brings first heavy rains Typhoon KOPPU/Lando brings the first heavy rains to the Philippines. Winds on the north-east coast are now stronger than 30 knots (55 […]
- May 7, 2015 Typhoon NOUL/Dodong now Cat.1 Typhoon NOUL/Dodong has gained strength and has entered PAR. The cyclone has turned northwest and has increased forward speed to 15 - 19 […]
- November 2, 2014 Typhoon NURI/Paeng still zigzag NURI/Paeng got typhoon strength early this morning. As a Typhoon Category 1 the directional forces aren't yet built up. The storm center […]
- July 20, 2014 Typhoon MATMO/Henry amplifies Habagat Typhoon MATMO/Henry amplifies Habagat, the south-west monsoon. Here in Camiguin we had bad to nasty weather all day accompanied by the […]