Skip to content
Typhoon HAIMA/Lawin upgraded to category 4 becoming a Super Typhoon
Typhoon HAIMA/Lawin has been upgraded to cyclone category 4. JMA has already attributed their highest category: VIOLENT
Typhoon HAIMA/Lawin has further intensified as it continues to move fast across the eastern part of the Central Philippine Sea. Current forward speed is 26 km/h in west to north-western direction. This cyclone could become a Super Typhoon today and is likely to threaten Northern Luzon within the next two days. Residents along its path are advised to take all necessary precautions.
Since last night the cyclone shows a small but clearly visible eye. Circular winds around the centre are now over 200 km/h with gusts going up to 250 km/h. The trend is increasing wind speeds.
Typhoon HAIMA/Lawin Track forecast:
JMA and HKO predict a more southern path than JTWC. We stay with the Japanese weather model which has often been the best track forecast.
Typhoon HAIMA/Lawin Storm data:
|Name (INTL. / local):
||HAIMA / Lawin
|Time/Date of observation:
||11:00 AM on October 18, 2016
|Location of Center:
||14.9º North 132.2º East
|Moving Direction and Speed:
||West-Northwest @ 26 km/h
|Distance from the Philippines:
||983 km E of Legazpi City, Albay
|Estimated Date / Time of Landfall:
||October 20, 2016
|Max. Wind Speed near Center:
|Peak Wind Gusts:
|Minimum Central Pressure:
|24h Rainfall near Center:
||25 – 250 mm
|Max. Wave Height:
||7 – 10 m
|Here you find how to read and understand this data
- October 20, 2015 Cyclone KOPPU/Lando – full of surprises Cyclone KOPPU/Lando had been and still is full of surprises. First the good news - the storm is continuously weakening and it still stays […]
- October 17, 2015 Great Danger in Aurora – Typhoon KOPPU/Lando now Cat.4 Great Danger in Aurora - Typhoon KOPPU/Lando has now developed an eye and has been upgraded to Category 4. PAGASA has hoisted Storm SIgnal […]
- March 31, 2015 Typhoon MAYSAK now Category 4 Typhoon MAYSAK is now Category 4 Cyclone. The storm is still heading straight west at 20 km/h. It got much stronger during the last 12 […]
- October 10, 2014 Typhoon VONGFONG / Ompong a bit weaker Typhoon VONGFONG / Ompong got a bit weaker this morning. Its central pressure increased from 900 hPa to 920 hPa. Latest satellite images […]
- July 18, 2014 Tropical Storm MATMO/Henry Tropical Storm MATMO/Henry has intensified as it entered PAR. Tropical Storm MATMO/Henry is expected to continue moving slowly […]
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!